MEDICAL ADVICE AROUND THE CLOCK
A complimentary service for everyone insured by ÖKK (local rate call).
Telemedicine is medical practice at a distance. The doctor and patient are not facing each other but are connected with each other via telephone, the internet or video. The Medgate doctor makes a diagnosis by means of asking specific questions and listening intently. The patient is then informed about the appropriate treatment. Almost 50 percent of all cases do not need further treatment after a Medgate consultation.
Consultation by a paediatrician – TELEPHONE 0844 655 655
If you have a general question on children’s diseases, your child suffers from a typical children’s disease or you need a second opinion, you can contact our Medgate specialists. The telemedical consultation will be held by specially trained paediatricians.
This is how it works:
1. Call Medgate (0844 655 655) and describe the symptoms your child is suffering from.
2. In case of acute problems, you will either be called back immediately by a paediatrician or you will receive a consultation appointment.
3. The paediatrician calls you back. Depending on the situation, you can either treat your child at home or you will need to see a physician or be admitted to hospital. If necessary, the paediatrician will also issue a prescription for medication.
4. The physician offers to call you for a check-up after a few days.
Medical advice for adults – TELEPHONE 0844 655 655
As an ÖKK client, you can be at ease around the clock. It does not matter, if you develop physical problems in the middle of the night, if you have a general medical question or if you are unsure, whether you need to see a physician. MEDGATE will provide you with advice, recommendations and medical help day and night.
This is how it works:
1. Call 0844 655 655 and describe your request.
2. The physician will give you advice on self-treatment and will make out a prescription for medication if necessary. If he cannot help you over the phone, he will recommend you to see your physician or refer you to the hospital.
3. Discuss further steps directly with your Medgate physician. He or she will support you with expert knowledge and information.