Accident insurance

Interim accident insurance

You have terminated your employment contract with your current employer. If you do not start a new job at another employer, your accident insurance cover will end after 31 days. Would you like to know how to insure yourself for accidents?

You have a number of options

  • If you start a new job at another employer within 31 days of your employment contract ending and work at least 8 hours a week, you do not need to do anything. You are covered under the ÖKK accident insurance of your last employer.
  • If you get a new employer more than 31 days after your employment contract ends or is interrupted, you can extend your non-occupational accident insurance for up to 6 months with an interim accident insurance policy. Interim accident insurance costs CHF 40 a month (or part thereof).
  • If you do not take out any interim accident insurance, you must add accident insurance to your health insurance within 31 days of leaving your job.


An information sheet on interim accident insurance together with a payment slip is available from your ÖKK agency. These can be found at or you can contact us on 0800 822 022 or

Interim accident insurance registration

Supplementary accident insurance

Is it important to you that your employees have better insurance against accidents? In that case, we recommend

Our website uses cookies that help you when searching for content. By continuing to use our website, you accept the use of cookies.

More information